Monday 4 July 2011

Djokovic beats Nadal to win maiden Wimbledon title : Nadal Vs Djokovic Wimbledon Final


Yesterday, Novak Djokovic won the Wimbledon Men Single's title for 2011 by defeating defending Champion Rafael Nadal 6-4, 6-1, 1-6, 6-3 in the finals.

This is Djokovic's maiden Wimbledon title.

The Serbian defeated Nadal in a  two-and-a-half hour encounter.

This was Djokovic’s third major title, having won the Australian Open in 2008 and earlier this year. He will also be the new number one, leaving Nadal at number two and breaking the seven-year domination of Roger Federer and Nadal at the top.

Djokovic is enjoying an astonishing run this year and has won 48 matches with his only loss coming against Roger Federer in the French Open semifinal.

Nadal was aiming for his 11th major and third Wimbledon title.

Djokovic is the first from his country to capture a Wimbledon title.

After winning the title, Djokovic said "It is the best day of my life, This is the tournament I always dreamed of winning. I think I am still sleeping, still dreaming. When you’re playing the best player in the world, I had to be on top of my game. I played probably my best match on grass courts ever.”

A gentleman as ever, Nadal took the defeat in his stride. “I’d like to compliment Novak for his performance today and his amazing season. Wimbledon is the most special tournament. I can imagine how Novak feels.”

No comments:

Post a Comment